Most all Smith products are fully cooked and deliciously ready to eat right out of the package but here you can find some great recipes to add more variety to your Smith's products. Hometown favorites, employee submissions, contest winners and even special recipes sent in by people like you can be found right here.
Submit your own Smith recipe to us by clicking here!
Who knows, you may earn a spot on our website!
- Smith's Ham, Noodle and Egg Mix Up
Want a quick and nutritious meal that the whole family (kids included) will love? Can be prepared and ready to serve in 20 minutes!
One bag of wide egg noddles
One Smith's Dinner Ham - half of ham cut into cubes.
(remaining ham can be sliced and set aside for sandwiches)
Six eggs - lightly beaten
Three tablespoons of butter
Cook egg noodles according to package directions. While the noodles are cooking . . .
In a medium fry pan - melt butter and sautee diced onion.
Once onion is sauteed (5 minutes) add cubed ham and continue to cook over low heat.
Add cooked and drained noodles back into the pot used to cook them. Turn heat to low and add the cubed ham and onion. Pour beaten egg mixture over contents in pot, and cook (approximately 5 minutes) until eggs form a scrambled appearance throughout. Stir occassionally. Salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!
- Seafood Gumbo with Cajun Andouille Sausage
-Marnie Mead Oberle
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons flour
1 red pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 package (12 ounces) Smith’s Cajun-Style Andouille sausage, sliced
1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen okra
1 teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1 cup cooked, peeled shrimp
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat, add flour and cook until light brown (you are making a roux), about 5-8 minutes. Add to slow cooker along with onions, pepper, sausage, chicken, tomatoes, garlic, okra, cayenne and paprika. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Add cooked shrimp and cook, in slow cooker, another 20 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
- Smith's Ox Roast Omelet
Form the eggs in a pan, add the ox roast and mushrooms, then top with cheese. Fold closed, cover and cook until the cheese is melted.
- 2 ounces of ox roast
- 2 eggs
- one hand full of sliced mushrooms
- two slices of swiss cheese
- Braunschweiger Paté
- 1 pound Smith’s Deli Braunschweiger (or one 12oz Braunschweiger "Chub")
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 pack Lipton Dry Onion Soup
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
- Mix together and serve on crackers or party rye!
- Hot and Spicy Pepper and Apricot Chutney
- From Fran Fry’s "Frying Pan" Erie Sunday Times-News
- 3 cups sweet red peppers (cored, seeded, and diced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 12 ounces dried apricots cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly slivered
- 1 piece fresh ginger root (3 inches) peeled and thinly slivered (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- Heat ground cumin in microwave oven or warm in a sauce pan to activate oil in spice. Combine all ingredients in an uncovered saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally. When it comes to a boil, continue to stir and cook uncovered 10 – 35 minutes until mixture is shiny and thick. Cool, cover and refrigerate in jars. Keep in refrigerator until needed. Makes 4 – 5 small jars depending on their size. Excellent with any Smith Ham.
- Pickled Ring Bologna
- 1 Piece Smith’s Ring Bologna
- White Vinegar
- 1 White Onion
- Peel and slice Smith’s Ring Bologna, slice onion. Mix 1 part vinegar with 3 parts water. Sweeten to taste and add bologna and onion. Marinate before serving.
- Quick Hot Dog, Bean & Cheese Casserole
- 1 pound of Smith’s hot dogs
- 2 (16.5 oz.) cans Bush baked beans
- 4 Tablespoons Grey Poupon prepared mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut half of the hot dogs into slices and mix with beans, mustard and half of the cheese and place in baking dish. Score remaining hot dogs diagonally and place on top of the casserole. Top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Serve with broccoli spears or your favorite vegetable, and voila! You have a nutritious dinner on the table in less than one hour. Add a salad & dessert, and you have a feast!
- Smith's Ham Glaze Instructions
- Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze
Score top of ham in crisscross pattern with a sharp knife. Mix 1/3 cup mustard with 1 cup brown sugar until thick sauce is obtained. Apply to ham in baking dish, place in oven, and cook as outlined in Heating Instructions. Basting is not necessary.
- Beer and Honey Glaze
Score top of ham in crisscross pattern with a sharp knife. Place ham in glass or metal baking pan. Pour or brush 1-1/2 cups honey over ham, covering evenly. Pour 1/2 bottle or can of beer (or substitute 2 cups ginger ale) into baking dish and place into oven as outlined in Heating Instructions. Baste every 12 minutes.
- Smith's Ham Heating Instructions
This product is already fully cooked when purchased. Simply heat to enjoy!
Oven: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Remove plastic wrap from ham. Place ham uncovered in a shallow baking dish or pan. Bake about 20 minutes per pound of ham. Baste with glaze of your choice or simply heat and serve. If you use a meat thermometer, bake until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Immediately carve and serve.
Microwave: Remove plastic wrap from ham. Cut slices to the thickness you desire and microwave a maximum of two slices at a time, allowing about four minutes on high (one slice = about three minutes) and serve immediately.
- Uncle John’s Chili-Dog Sauce
- 2 pounds fresh hamburger
- 1.5 cups chopped onion
- 32 ounces ketchup
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 small (1.25 oz) can paprika
- 1 small (1.37 oz) can chili powder (or more to taste)
- 5 cups water
In a large skillet, saute’ hamburger until cooked through. Drain grease and add remaining ingredients. Mix well and simmer for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together: 1 cup water and 1/2 cup all purpose flour. Make a paste and add to the chili mixture. Simmer 30 minutes more until thick. Serve over Smith’s Naturally Smoked Hotdogs with chopped onions.